Continuing our ongoing series highlighting top defense firms and their prominent partners doing trial work in Courtroom View Network’s trial video archive, this week we take a look at defense behemoth Greenberg Traurig.
Greenberg Traurig is heavily featured in CVN’s video archive due to their defense work in “Engle progeny” tobacco cases, which CVN regularly covers. However the firm and some of its top partners can also be seen in action in trials involving pharmaceutical companies, medical devices manufacturers, bus manufacturers, accounting firms and more.
Seeing top-tier partners from one of the nation’s largest and best defense firms on their feet in front of a real jury is a rare privilege and tremendous educational opportunity that without CVN is only possible by physically traveling to court. Take advantage of a CVN video library subscription for $99/month with no contract and get unlimited access to hundreds of civil trials featuring many of the best plaintiff and defense trial attorneys in the country.
Founded in Miami, Florida in 1967, the firm now has 40 offices worldwide and approximately 2,200 attorneys. The firm’s major practice areas span from business reorganization and bankruptcy to real estate to entertainment law, but the majority of trials filmed by CVN involve practice areas that frequently entail trials in state courts such as personal injury and product liability.
CVN screenshot of Greenberg Traurig's Vice Chair Lori Cohen delivering her opening statement in a pelvic mesh-related product liability trial
Greenberg Traurig regularly appears in the upper echelons of the prestigious AM Law 200 ranking list. In 2019 the firm ranked number 19 with $1,641,790,000 in annual revenue. Greenberg Traurig attorneys have been involved in some of the most high-stakes and complex trials webcast gavel-to-gavel by CVN, and the below highlights are just a small representation of the firm’s presence in CVN’s video archive, along with hundreds of other trials featuring many more of the top defense firms in the country representing myriad high-profile corporate clients.
With a CVN video library subscription, members can…
- Watch Greenberg Traurig’s Vice Chair and co-chair of the firm’s Global Litigation Practice, Lori Cohen - an Atlanta-based senior partner - successfully defend C.R. Bard Inc. in Missouri state court in the first pelvic mesh case to go to trial involving two mesh products from two different manufacturers. Joining Cohen at the counsel table was fellow Atlanta-based partner Cliff Merrell.
- Watch Cohen and Merrell again defend C.R. Bard at the first trial in New Jersey state court involving the company’s allegedly defective pelvic mesh products
- Watch Cohen defend a potentially $2 billion lawsuit in Nevada state court over the alleged bladder cancer risks of Takeda Pharmaceutical’s popular diabetes drug Actos
- Watch Mark Bideau, managing shareholder of the firm’s West Palm Beach office, defend Lorillard Tobacco Co. in one of the aforementioned “Engle progeny” tobacco trials
- Watch Miami-based shareholder Sabrina Gallo defend a materials manufacturer in an extremely rare trial involving asbestos allegedly present in cigarette filters.
- Watch Tampa-based shareholder Richard McCrea defend the University of Florida in a lawsuit filed by a professor at the university’s law school over allegedly breached settlement claims
- Watch Las Vegas-based shareholder Mark Ferrario defend a bus manufacturer in Nevada state court in the first products liability trial of its kind over claims that a bus' allegedly faulty aerodynamic design created a sucking force that caused the fatal accident.
- Watch Boston-based shareholders Paul Murphy and Peter Alley representing a plaintiff in a complex commercial case involving construction contracts at Logan International Airport in dedicated business litigation court based in Boston.
A CVN subscription gives you unlimited access to all of these trials and hundreds more. Sign up today.
Think your firm deserves recognition in the CVN BigLaw Spotlight series? Email CVN editor David Siegel at email@example.com